How to grow your real estate business? This question is posed almost daily.
These 11 strategies offer you insight on what the top producing agents do to grow and build their real estate business.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Take time to reflect on ways you can build your real estate business.
There's a downloadable checklist and guide you can use for reflection, to take notes and to help you stay on task regarding ways to build your real estate business.
Be sure to get your download below “How To Grow Your Real Estate Business: What Top Producing Agents Do.”
How To Grow Your Real Estate Business – 11 Absolute Musts
Grow Your Real Estate Business #1
1. Have Systems In Place
Top producing agents have systems in place.
Establishing and maintaining systems allows them to be consistent and efficient in their real estate business.
If you haven't read it yet you may want to head over and read “The E-Myth Revisited.” The book is a bit dated but the principals are timeless.
Grow Your Real Estate Business #2
2. Take Action!
Top producing real estate agents take action. Yes they plan but they take action, they execute, rather than sitting around thinking about what they should do and then not do it.
They don't spend endless hours planning (and not executing), ruminating about falling numbers, ruminating about the inevitable challenges that arise in their real estate business – What they do so is TAKE ACTION CONSISTENTLY.
Have a daily plan, weekly and monthly plan that keeps you on task. Review this daily and check off the tasks you accomplished.
Use a daily scorecard to measure where you are regarding achieving your goals and the focused actions you're taking to achieve them.
Grow Your Real Estate Business #3
3. Have a Custom Monthly Realtor® Newsletter
BE MEMORABLE. You want to separate yourself from other real estate agents and be known as the GO TO REALTOR®…the one people trust to recommend you to others and the one people hire to guide them with their real estate needs.
How can you consistently:
1) Stay in front of your SOI
2) Leverage yourself
3) Provide value
4) Be known as the local authority in your area
5) Be known as the knowledgeable real estate professional you are
6) Receive leads and referrals
7) See who are potential buyers and sellers in your sphere
Through a custom, digital STRATEGIC Realtor® Newsletter…DONE CORRECTLY.
This is one of the best ways to stand apart, leverage yourself, provide helpful community information and provide valuable real estate information to your sphere.
The above links are to a course you can take to learn the strategies and do them yourself.
Or, you can have these custom digital newsletters DONE FOR YOU HERE.
Grow Your Real Estate Business #4
4. Have A Professional Real Estate Website With Search Features
Your professional real estate website is your *real estate* on the web. It's where anyone can stop by your *store* and get to know you, your professionalism and what you have to offer as a Realtor®.
Get people use to using your real estate website rather than Zillow or any other website out there.
Make sure you have search features for available properties, the ability to get a CMA from your site, a contact management system built into it and the ability to have articles on it.
It's YOUR PROFESSIONAL PRESENCE.
You also want to drive people to your site every chance you get and have them get used to using your site over other sites.
You want your site to be so good that they recommend your site to other people to use too…that's what happened to me with my Realtor® website.
Grow Your Real Estate Business #5
5. Be Consistent In Your Marketing To Grow Your Real Estate Business
Consistent marketing builds momentum that becomes exponential in your business lead generation and brand awareness.
Consistent marketing also helps keep you TOP OF MIND.
Non-consistent marketing can consume your energy and drain you.
1) Sending your monthly custom strategic e-Zine (newsletter)
2) Always sending people to your branded real estate website with it's own search features and articles
3) When working other real estate marketing strategies
4) When advertising – measure, track and give your advertising some time to see what's working and what's not.
Grow Your Real Estate Business #6
6. Have Help
Evaluate your real estate business and see where you could hire help or even get help by learning some new marketing and sales strategies.
1. A transaction coordinator
2. A social media marketing and advertising company
3. A buyers' agent (or agents). See Below
4. A marketing person
5. Other areas of your business that need some attention
2. Learn the strategies to create and send digital newsletters that generate leads, referrals and keep you top of mind
3. How to generate leads marketing HUD Homes
4. How to implement and use a real estate planner to achieve your goals
Grow Your Real Estate Business #7
7. Hire Buyers' Agents To Grow Your Real Estate Business
Once you have consistent leads and business coming in consider hiring a buyer's agent or multiple buyer agents.
This allows you to leverage yourself and grow your real estate business to phenomenal levels.
Use these tips on how to hire the best buyer's agent for your real estate team.
Grow Your Real Estate Business #8
8. Consistently Get Referrals – Have A System For This
Real estate agents get so busy with the multitude of tasks, clients and other projects that it's easy to forget to ask for referrals.
Have systems in place so you regularly receive referrals:
1. Include a reminder in your digital e-Zine (Strategic Digital Newsletter)
2. When you close ask for referrals
3. Send feedback questionaires when you close and ask for referrals
4. When making phone calls to your sphere ask for referrals
5. Build relationships with professionals in the industry and ask them to send you referrals
6. Create a reward program for those who send you referrals. Check with your state or country so you know the legal limits and ethical requirements when implementing your reward program.
7. Head over here for more ideas to generate real estate referrals
Grow Your Real Estate Business #9
9. Consistently Establish and Take Focused Action On Goals
Continue establishing goals, have plans to achieve them – and EXECUTE.
A Harvard study showed that 3% of their graduating students earned 20 times more than the rest of their class by writing down goals and having a plan.
I can't emphasize how important this one is. Regularly review your goals, where you are in achieving them (make sure you have deadlines for them) – reflect where you are in achieving them and make adjustments where need be.
You can take your real estate business to new heights with established goals, plans, focus and CONSISTENT EXECUTION.
Head over here and check out the Realtor® Planner Package with the 4DX (4 Disciplines of Execution) tutorial included.
Grow Your Real Estate Business #10
10. Keep A Score Card And Measure Your Goals
Maintain a regular log or scorecard and track where you are on achieving your goals. I keep a daily scorecard.
Keeping a regular scorecard allows you to see when you're on track to achieving your goal/s and when you start to veer off.
If you start to veer off you off from achieving your goal/s you can readily catch it and adjust your plan (actions) immediately since you're watching the trajectory regularly.
I introduce how to use a scorecard in the Realtor® Planner Package.
Grow Your Real Estate Business #11
11. Get Testimonials And Advertise Them All Over
Consistently get testimonials and place them everywhere.
These third party endorsements give credence to you as a professional and many people will relate to the various stories your clients leave in their testimonials.
The testimonies make you relatable and also show that others have been found you and your services to be beyond their expectations and were exceptionally satisfied with you (and your team).
Place them on:
1) Your real estate website
2) In your digital newsletter. Start with one testimony in your newsletter and link to the others on your website so your sphere can continue reading *what others say.*
3) On your social media accounts
4) Invite people to Yelp you
5) Invite people to leave a google review
Learn how to maximize your testimonials for lead generation.
You Decide How To Grow Your Real Estate Business
With focus, planning and execution you can take your real estate business to ever higher levels.
You decide. It's your business.
Planning, hard work, focus, adjusting where need be and you'll have the best chances to take your real estate business to whatever heights you desire.
Be sure to get your e-Guide below “How To Grow Your Real Estate Business: What Top Producing Agents Do.”
You May Also Like:
And Other Templates and Downloads: