Real estate hashtags can be a very powerful tool in your real estate marketing strategies.
However, for hashtags to be an effective marketing tool, it's important to use them correctly. Using them correctly results in increased engagement and more exposure.
Hashtags serve different purposes depending on the social media platform. Knowing how to use hashtags in each social media platform will improve your engagement.
This article explains how to use real estate hashtags for optimal results.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Be sure to get your “Top 100 Real Estate Hashtags & How To Use Them Strategically” below.
Save this PDF guide and access it anytime. It's a useful tool to have handy in your real estate marketing toolbox.
You May Also Like:
And Other Templates and Downloads:
A hashtag looks like this: #austintexashomes. They're used in social media when you're posting text and can help a particular post stand out amidst a sea of other posts.
They can be used to market your business and can help your social media activity stand out if set up correctly.
It's important to know how each social media platform uses hashtags and how the audience within that platform uses hashtags.
If they're not used correctly, you could waste your time and jeopardize the impact of your posts. You could also jeopardize your social media account.
Using real estate hashtags properly can be a very powerful way to help you stand out on social media. But, you need to use them properly for maximum effectiveness.
This article and e-guide PDF goes through popular social media platforms for real estate agents and best practices for using hashtags within each platform.
How To Create A Real Estate Hashtag
1. Use the Hashtag symbol (#), just the pound sign, before your word or connected words.
Some people say it's okay to have the hashtag after your word but most use hashtags before the word.
2. Do not leave spaces between the words. Connect all the words together. Example: #austintexashomes.
3. Do not use punctuation in your hashtags.
Do's and Don'ts Of Real Estate Hashtags
1. Don't use too many hashtags and make your post look spammy.
2. Don't use so many hashtags within your explanation text. Doing this breaks up the context of your text and message. It makes it difficult to read.
This is an example of a text within a post: “Luxury home in #AustinTexas just listed. Don't miss this #premiereaustinproperty. #AustinTX is ranked as one of the premier places to live…” Don't Do This.
3. Do know the hashtag requirements of each social media platform. Most have limitations on how many hashtags you can use.
Some platforms will ban or penalize your account if you use excessive hashtags on individual posts. Consequently, be sure to know how to use hashtags so this doesn't happen to you.
1. Using 1 hashtag results in the most engagement on a facebook post (even better than 0 hashtags).
2. Including 10 or more hashtags in one Facebook post decreases engagement.
3. Based on the research by Social Bakers, using 1-2 hashtags results in optimal engagement on your facebook post.
The facebook audience hasn't grasped how to use hashtags compared to some of the other platform audiences. Also, Facebook doesn't really promote the use of them.
Other social media platforms use them as a ‘search engine' to help users find articles and products under a certain topic. Pinterest does this as you'll see below.
Make sure you use facebook hashtags related to your farm area.
Use best practices when using facebook hashtags strategically in brand recognition and marketing. Head over and see the suggestions where 13 experts weigh in.
Find Facebook's hashtag rules and guidelines here.
If you're not on Pinterest you may want to consider using this platform in your real estate business.
If you don't have time consider hiring a marketing person who understands Pinterest and can manage this for you.
Pinterest real estate marketing takes time and effort but it's well worth it. Pinterest sends more traffic to a website than Facebook and Twitter combined and 30% of its users earn over 100K/year.
The pinterest platform serves as a visual search engine. It's users enter a topic in the top section, in the search area, and visual *pins* pop up and show in their feed.
It's important to understand what pins show up in the Pinterest search engine feed so you use hashtags correctly in your Pinterest marketing strategy.
Do Your Research And Use hashtags effectively
Take time and go in the platform and perform your own search. You'll find the search bar in the top left corner in the platform.
Type in various words related to your market such as: Austin Texas Real Estate; Austin Texas Homes; Homes in Austin and various other topics related to your area. See what shows up in your Pinterest search.
Pinterest uses hashtags to help place your pins in the proper search feed. Hashtags give Pinterest an idea of what your Pin is about and helps place your pins in the proper search feed.
It allows up to 20 hashtags, however, I advise not using this many. Using so many pins in Pinterest can make your pin look spammy.
Find Pinterest's hashtag rules and guidelines here.
25. #(get clever here…clever grabs attention)
Think of something trending, use a play on words or something unique with a twist. Depending on the social media forum get creative and have some fun with these.
Facebook is an ideal platform to use creative hashtags. It’s not used as a search engine and you only have a second to grab someone’s attention within the platform when they’re scrolling through their feed.
People scan your text within Facebook and a creative hashtag can really pop.
82. #yourneighborhood + style of home
83. #yourneighborhood + real estate
84. #yourneighborhood + home
85. #yourneighborhood + home for sale
86. #yourneighborhood + realtor
87. #yourneighborhood + life
88. #yourneighborhood + living
89. #closest big city + real estate
90. #closest big city + home for sale
91. #closest big city + realtor
92. #closest big city + life
93. #closest big city + living
95. #closetothe(insert whatever is popular/unique for your area)
106. #your farm area + expert
107. #your farm area + brokerage
108. #your farm area + personal branding
You May Also Like:
And Other Templates and Downloads: